I was wandering through the grocery store trying to decide what would be for dinner. Panda, he likes his protein. I decided hmmm cod, I’ve never cooked cod before… lets give it a go, shall we? We Shall. I got this recipe from Food.com. It has been slightly modified and is naturally gluten-free. It was very good.
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 tablespoons capers (we didn’t have capers so I left them off. I wouldn’t do that next time)
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes (I used about 10 fresh roma tomatoes chopped)
salt and pepper
1 tbsp fresh basil
1 1/2 lbs fresh or frozen cod fish fillets
1. Heat oil in a large skillet
2. Add garlic. Saute briefly.
3. Add tomatoes, capers, chilli pepper, black pepper and salt. Simmer for 10 minutes or so.
4. Add cod and simmer until flaky.
5. Add basil and serve over rice (white or brown). I placed a little bit of fresh tomato on top as well.
This was a quick and easy recipe using a new-to-me ingredient.